BCR Law is currently recruiting for two full-time roles:
- Corporate & Commercial Lawyer with 2 – 5 years PQE;
- Reception and Facilities Coordinator
Corporate & Commercial Lawyer
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Lawyer to work independently and alongside the other fee-earners in the Corporate & Commercial practice of the firm to assist in all areas of law covered by the practice, which include:
• Mergers & acquisitions of businesses, both share and asset purchase;
• Corporate work: drafting shareholder agreements, articles of association, minutes, reviews of statutory records, legal capacity opinions;
• Company redomiciliation and migrations;
• Commercial agreements, such as terms & conditions of business, franchise and distribution agreements and NDAs;
• Non-contentious employment law;
• Data Protection compliance.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
English or Scottish Solicitor with between 2-5 years PQE.
• An ability to deal confidently with clients;
• Good communication skills;
• Strong drafting skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Competent at legal research.
The successful candidate will have had a good legal training and experience at well-known London or regional law firms.
The candidate must enjoy non-contentious legal work and working with a mix of clients, in all sectors of industry and size of business.
The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com.
Reception & Facilities Coordinator
As the receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for the firm and will be required to attend to visitors and deal with enquiries, both on the phone and face to face, in a professional and timely manner and ensure that all reception duties are completed accurately and efficiently. Please note that five years continuous residency is required for this role.
• Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately;
• Set up and clear meeting rooms;
• Offer refreshments to visitors where appropriate;
• Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed;
• Take and deliver messages accurately and completely• Ensure back up when absent from reception desk.
• Sort, scan and distribute incoming mail;
• Prepare outgoing mail for post, delivery or courier;
• Organise courier deliveries;
• Monitor Enquiries Outlook inbox and distribute emails accordingly.
• Manage the duties and tasks of the Office Junior Assistant and ensure that they are carried out efficiently;
• Monitor stationery stock levels and have responsibility for ordering new stock;
• Maintain the logging in and out of documents kept in safe custody;
• Maintain file archiving records and organise delivery to storage;
• Responsible for organising minor building maintenance and repair works.
• Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite• Professional appearance• Solid communication skills both written and verbal• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise• Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure• Maintain confidentiality and show discretion
How to apply
To apply for this job please email Alison.Gates@bcrlawjersey.com.