BCR Law is recruiting for a legal assistant to join our the litigation department but work within the criminal team.
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Level/Salary Range: Market
HR Contact: Alison Gates
Position Type: Full Time
- Reviewing evidence, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Performing legal research.
- Interviewing clients and witnesses.
- Preparing briefs for the advocate attending Court.
- Attending Court and client meetings as required to assist advocates.
- Working to deadlines, prioritising workload and meeting conflicting demands on time.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, orally and in writing.
- Shows sound judgement in decision making, focused on client and case needs.
- Works with appropriate levels of supervision.
- Capable of analysing and applying legal principles to factual scenarios, with a view to providing clear advice to the client.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
English or Scottish Law Degree.
The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.