Role and Responsibilities
We require a junior to 5 year PQE lawyer to work independently and alongside other fee-earners in the Corporate & Commercial practice of our rapidly growing, friendly and highly collegiate Jersey law firm. Your responsibilities will include assisting with all areas of law covered by the practice, including:
• Sale and Purchase of companies and / or business asset acquisitions and sales;
• Drafting of shareholder agreements, memorandum and articles of association; minutes; and legal capacity and enforceability opinions;
• Company re-domiciliations / migrations;
• Banking / finance work for corporate client borrowers and lenders;
• Commercial agreements, such as terms & conditions of business, franchise and distribution agreements, data protection and NDAs;
• Data protection compliance
English or Scottish Solicitor with between 2-5 years PQE
Core skills / experience
• An ability to work as part of a team and to deal confidently with clients;
• Good communication and IT skills;
• Strong drafting abilities;
• Attention to detail;
• Competent at legal research;
• The ideal candidate will also have some experience of dealing with trusts.
The successful candidate:
• Will have had good legal training and experience at one or more well-known London or regional law firms;
• Must enjoy non-contentious legal work and working with a mix of clients, in all sectors of industry and size of business;
• Must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact Wendy Lambert, attaching a copy of your CV.