BCR Law is recruiting for a trainee conveyancer to join our busy property department.
Job Title: Trainee Conveyancer
Level/Salary Range: Market
HR Contact: Alison Gates
Qualifications Required: A level French or working knowledge of French
Position Type: Full Time
- Translating contracts from French to English
- Drafting conveyancing contracts in English
- Attending on site to assist with boundary checks
- Reviewing property search enquiry responses
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Drafting correspondence in English
- A-level French or a working level knowledge of French
- Willingness to learn about Jersey property law
- Being able to work with appropriate levels of supervision
- Shows sound judgment in decision making, focused on client and case needs
- Demonstrates and develops a competent, high-quality level of technical expertise
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team on matters.
- Being organised and accurate with work.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard
- Jersey ‘Entitled’ Housing Status
The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.