BCR Law is looking to recruit a commercial litigation lawyer with 4+ years PQE to join our growing Dispute Resolution department.
Job Title: Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Level/Salary Range: Market
HR Contact: Alison Gates
Qualifications Required: 4+ years PQE
Travel Required: Occasionally
Position Type: Full Time
• Managing a commercial and trust litigation caseload and providing support to Partners and colleagues on larger complex cases.
• Engaging with and maintaining existing client relationships.
• Drafting and reviewing correspondence, reports and litigation documents, including pleadings.
• Working to deadlines, prioritising workload and meeting conflicting demands on time.
• Meeting or exceeding personal monthly and annual time recording and financial targets.
• Managing, training and developing more junior members of the team.
• A requirement to promote the firm through active business development.
• Qualified English or Scottish Law Solicitor or Jersey qualified lawyer with circa 4+ years PQE, capable of handling complex commercial and trust litigation matters.
• Shows sound judgement in decision making, focused on client and case needs.
• Works with appropriate levels of supervision.
• Demonstrates and develops a competent, high quality level of technical expertise.
• Capable of analysing and applying legal principles to a complex factual scenario, with a view to achieving a commercial resolution for the client.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
• Demonstrates commercial judgement.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team on larger matters and to assist with development of business.
• Demonstrates proactive financial management; attention to billing regimes, credit control, debt collection, accounting procedures and client service level agreements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
English or Scottish Law Solicitor or Jersey Advocate with between 4+ years PQE.
The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.