Position: Newly qualified – 1 year PQE Corporate Lawyer
Role and responsibilities
We are seeking a newly qualified or junior lawyer to work independently and closely alongside other fee-earners in the Corporate & Commercial practice of our rapidly growing, friendly and highly collegiate Jersey law firm. Responsibilities to include assisting with all areas of law covered by the practice, including:
• Sale and Purchase of companies and / or business asset acquisitions and sales;
• Drafting of shareholder agreements, memorandum and articles of association; minutes; and legal capacity and enforceability opinions;
• Company redomiciliations / migrations;
• Banking / finance work for corporate client borrowers and lenders;
• Commercial agreements, such as terms & conditions of business, franchise and distribution agreements and NDAs
• Data protection compliance
Qualifications and educational requirements
A Newly Qualified to 1 year qualified English or Scottish Solicitor
Core skills / experience
• An ability to work as part of a team and deal confidential with clients;
• Good communication skills and IT skills;
• Strong drafting skills;
• Prior experience in corporate and / or finance transactions and due diligence experience;
• Attention to detail;
• Competent at legal research;
• The ideal candidate will also have had experience with trusts.
The successful candidate will have a good academic record and will have received thorough legal training and experience at a well-known London or regional law firm.
You will enjoy non-contentious legal work, and working with a mix of clients, in all sectors of industry and size of business.
You must also possess a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to your legal career.