Role and Responsibilities
We require a 2 to 4 year PQE lawyer to work independently and alongside other fee-earners in the Employer-focused Employment practice of our rapidly growing, friendly and highly collegiate Jersey law firm. Your responsibilities will include assisting with all areas of law covered by the practice, including:
- Drafting of employment contracts and Staff Handbooks;
- Advising clients on all contractual and statutory employment law issues;
- Advising clients on Discrimination Law issues;
- Advising on disciplinary issues, redundancy and termination of employment, including drafting and reviewing compromise agreements;
- Advising on employee transfer issues, warranties and employment due diligence in Sales and Purchases of companies and / or business asset acquisitions and sales;
- Advising on jurisdictional issues on employment contracts;
- Advising on Data protection compliance in an employment context;
- Delivering training to clients on Employment and Discrimination Law;
- Preparation of Marketing materials, including Employment Law bulletins and updates.
Tribunal representation can be a part of the role, if the right candidate with appropriate experience wishes to represent at Tribunals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
English or Scottish Solicitor with between 2-4 years PQE
Core Skills / Experience
- At least 2 years PQE in a good employer-focused employment practice
- An ability to work as part of a team and deal confidently with clients
- Good communication and IT skills
- Strong drafting skills
- Attention to detail
- Competent at legal research
The successful candidate:
- will have had good legal training and experience at one or more well-known London or regional law firms;
- must enjoy non-contentious legal work and working with a mix of clients, in all sectors of industry and size business.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be flexible to meet the needs of the business and its clients and be committed to their legal career.
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact Wendy Lambert, attaching a copy of your CV.